Tea - break at Mason & Rye.


*Cravings Satisfaction*

Cafe Name: Mason & Rye
This new bakery - patisserie - cafe in town is one of my favourite place to grab a slice of cake to overcome my 'stress days' while writing up my dissertation in the past few months. Every time when I visited this cafe, I usually take - out rather then sitting in to enjoy my desserts. However, this time, I got the chance to dine in with my dessert partner in crime and I really love the interior design of this cafe! 

The hidden gem inside Fenwick Newcastle!  
I was walking around Fenwick in their food hall and spotted this new cafe. While I was looking around the display counter for some patisserie, their green tea cake attracted me and out of curiosity, I quickly ordered a sliced for take - out. After a few weeks, I went back for some lovely huge macaron. 

Cafe Interior

The view of the cafe from inside.
The design of this cafe is very simple and relaxing and each of the tables were decorated with different kind of flowers.

Display Counters full of mouth -  watering desserts

Daily Patisserie.
Daily Patisserie.

They having a large variety of desserts everyday with reasonable prices, however the prices of the patisserie for "Dine in" and "Take Out" varies. They also served breakfast and lunch and you could check out their "Menu" below.


So far I only had the chance to tried their patisserie and tea. Maybe next time I will try out their breakfast and lunch.


Dine - in Experience

Cakes and Tea.

A selfie with my partner in crime before eating.
A picture of me with their wonderful cafe interior.
Picture Credits to my partner in crime :).

Friendly staff with quick service while ordering the cakes at the display counters. A picture of me enjoying my honeycomb cake with a cup of fruit tea. Loving this cafe and will be going there again after my payday from my part - time job. Probably it will be the following month since I'm kinda of broke this month :(.

Honeycomb Cake.
A closer view of my delicious piece of cake! However, I felt that my cake is a bit too sweet for me but somehow it goes well with my cup of fruit tea :). I felt like every time when I visit this place I will ordered a nice slice of patisserie to try out and not buying the same ones since they have so many of them displayed in the counter and sometimes I can't decide which one to get and ended up buying the rose macaron.

Overall my "Dine - in" experience on their dessert.
Environment: 10/10
Taste: 9/10
Service: 10/10
Value for Money Degree: 8/10
Recommend degree: 10/10
Take Out Experience

Their yellow box for take out.

Their take out services were really quick and another thing I find it really nice was their packaging. The shape of Mason + Rye's yellow box was so cute and when you open it, the cakes were all layered by the oil papers to keep them separated and stayed in place. Therefore, all the cakes will be in good condition after it's unpack at home (As you can see the pictures below are my take out patisserie that I bought before experiencing the dining in at the cafe recently).

Pistachio Cake with Rose Macaron.

 I'm a fan of pistachio ice -cream and this pistachio cake tasted really nice and remember to eat it together with the cream and raspberry for more flavouring. The rose macaron tasted really good since the rose flavouring was distributed evenly. I think that not everyone will like this flavour since some people thinks that rose flavoured macaron tasted like soap but if you're a rose fan, you would definitely would give this macaron a try and you won't regret it.

Buttercream Matcha Cake.
  
This is one of my favourite cake from this cafe! 
Since I'm a huge fan of green tea products, I came across this place in Newcastle that sells a proper matcha cake with buttercream. Since green tea products are more famous in Asian countries and not in Western countries, it's technically hard to get desserts or cakes related to green tea/matcha.


What is their opening hours?

OPENING HOURS
Monday to Friday: 9.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.
Saturday: 9.00 a.m. - 7.00 p.m.
Sunday: 10.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Last orders 30 minutes before closing time.

Getting there...

Fenwick Newcastle, Northumberland Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE99 1AR




For more information visit their official Facebook Page and Instagram.


Can't think of anywhere to go for an afternoon tea?
Why not drop by Mason & Rye to enjoy their daily patisserie :)


Share:

1 comments